Sunday, May 10, 2009

It's Mother's Day and I find myself in a turmoil. The one day a year when being a mom is glorified. That leaves 364 days to chisel away at the foundation of motherhood. I'm sure I'm just extra sensitive about it being a homeschooler. I have noticed that most people have this really deep fear of a mothers influence. How dare any woman feel she is capable or competent enough to educate her child. Not too many people even think twice before uttering the words. "Are you sure you know what you're doing?" They say it like a complete stranger that read a bunch of books, and passed a bunch of tests knows what they are doing. Awhile back, I was asked to organize something, when I mentioned the group would consist of homeschooling parents and children. The offer was dropped like a hot potato. It was a classic F- you snub, followed up by a 'So, do something about it'. This guy was acting like a woman playing hard to get. He understands how powerful female energy is, but he doesn't know how to work with female energy. Anyway my chocolaty fingers are getting all over my keyboard.

No comments: