Last night we went to a carnival in town. I only go to the carnival when they have my favorite ride set up, which isn't often. The most interesting part of going to these little carnival operations is the people that work the booths and rides. I let my kid pick which rides he wanted to go on. His first choice. The guy operating the ride was friendly and asked how I was enjoying my evening. He told my kid he could ride again for free. The guy next to me heard him and jumped into the conversation. He wasn't given the same offer. The operator pulled a coin out of his pocket and made him call heads or tails.
The next ride we waited in line. We watched how much work goes into loading and unloading passengers. They had to manually push the cars by hand to line them up with the loading ramp. The effort it took to release the lock mechanism I could see why the biggest guy was running this ride. He had to leave for a second to assist another ride, he passed by me and said that ride needed a minor adjustment. They let us ride longer because we had to wait.
Another ride my kid went on the operator was an asshole. His mind was somewhere else, and he caused one the kids to get hurt, because he was a coward he tried blaming it on my son. I don't like to create overly dramatic scenes. After the ride was over he left to go back to the trailers. I followed him. I said "Hey, I want you to know what you did to my kid was f***ed and you know it." I told my kid on the drive home. I was let down, I think I was hoping he would say "Yeah F*** off lady". It was sad he didn't have any fight left in him.
I don't think there is any place on the planet to find open honest human exchange anymore. Everyone seems to be walking around in a medicated stupor.
We'll see who thrives because cowards won the war.
No comments:
Post a Comment